HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP PREPARE YOUR HOLIDAY MEAL...
B & E HOMEMADE SMOKED TURKEY
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 2) Place turkey in a covered pan with 1 cup of water. 3) Place in the oven and warm for 1 hour, covered. It is an option to top the bird with honey and a light dusting of blackening seasoning the last ½ hour.
STANDING RIB ROAST
1} Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Place roast in a roasting pan, bones down, in the preheated oven.
3) Turn oven down to 325 degrees.
4) Use a meat thermometer to monitor doneness.
5) Remember your roast keeps cooking after you pull it from the oven, so always pull your roast from the oven approximately 5 to 8 degrees from your desired doneness.
6) Let your roast sit for 10 minutes before carving.
Approximate cook times for the following weights:
3 to 6 lbs. – 2 hours
6 to 10 lbs. – 2 ½ hours
10 to 16 lbs. – 2 ¾ to 3 hours
Doneness temperatures: Beef rare 135-140 degrees,
Beef medium 145 - 150 degrees, and Beef well 155 - 160 degrees.
BONELESS BEEF RIB EYE ROAST
1) Fat side up.
2) Use the same guidelines as the STANDING RIB ROAST.
Approximate cook time for the following weights:
3 to 7 lbs. – 1 ½ to 2 hours
7 to 12 lbs. – 2 to 2 ¼ hours
GOURMET BONE-IN OR BONELESS HAM
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Place ham in a roasting pan along with a ½ cup of water.
3) Cover ham loosely with a foil or lid.
4) Place the ham in the preheated oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes per pound.
5) Uncover for the last 25% of desired cooking time. Baste during this time if desired.
½ Cup Honey
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Cup Orange Juice
Combine ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved and sauce just begins to boil. Remove from heat and baste ham during last hour of cooking. This sauce can also be served as an accompaniment at the table.
CORNED BEEF OR PORK
We recommend cooking our corned beef or corned pork in either apple juice, water and cider, or just water, depending on your tastes. The apple cider takes away any saltiness from the corned meat and gives a wonderful sweetness to the potatoes, carrots, and especially the cabbage and onions. The corned beef or pork should be nearly covered in liquid (approximately 2 inches). Cook covered in the oven at 325 degrees or simmer on top of the stove. Cook meat for about 3 hours. Add potatoes, carrots, and onions for the last hour. Add cabbage for the last 15-20 minutes. With this method, everything will turn out perfect. Have some shipped to you today.